We would like to advise all North End members of our plans for the 2016/17 season, following the outcome of a four-month review of the North End Active Area.
We have listened to the overwhelming support from our members and fans who stand with us to remove flares and individuals involved in anti-social behaviour. We are committed to ensuring that any changes are sustainable and will help deter those that intend to break the law with anonymity and without consequences. Importantly, we want to ensure our match day experience is safe and enjoyable, and that it delivers the ability to create the unique atmosphere the North End is renowned for.
An added reference point is the immediate risk of the Club losing three points up until February 2017, which is a result of the acts of a small minority who lit flares and behaved in an anti-social manner last season. Any further indiscretions can trigger this penalty and see the Club face additional penalties, which will seriously compromise our quest for success in the 2016/17 season.
We all love the Club. We are all custodians of the Club. To protect everything that is good about our Club and to achieve positive change on this matter, every part of the Club needs to unite in championing the cause to remove flares and anti-social behaviour from Melbourne Victory games. We have reached a point where simply, there can be no more tolerance.
MVFC Active Area Minimum Standards
Following the review, the Club has decided on minimum standards for the North End Active Area in the 2016/17 season. These also comply with Football Federation Australia's minimum standards. The key aspects are as follows;
- As with the 2015/16 season, Active Areas will be designated members only areas.
- Active Areas will continue to be standing only areas.
- All members allocated in Active Areas must stand at the seat that is allocated on their membership card.
- All members must carry their membership card at games with supporting identification.
Supporter materials, including oversized flags and banners, will be permitted as usual, according to the conditions of entry and subject to access approval by the stadium.
Leadership Minimum Requirements
In our review, it was clear how important a coordinated, engaged and integrated leadership is to the success of the North End. In 2015/16, the leadership was unable to deliver continuity of leaders, regular meetings or consistency in decision making for North End active support on match days. With this in mind, the Club is seeking a different approach to leadership for the 2016/17 season. The leadership must be made up of four people with defined roles; this includes an administration/communications role to work with the Club and match day stakeholders to represent North End members, a match day capo role and match day coordination roles, liaising between the North End and supporter marshals. The leaders must represent the North End Active Area and be able to make decisions on its behalf.
When the four leaders are in place, the Club will work collaboratively with the leadership and all relevant stakeholders to facilitate the coordination of match day activities, manage the safe storage of supporter materials, and communicate messages to North End members on behalf of the leadership.
Important Renewal Information
- You must renew by the new cut-off date of Friday, August 12, 2016 to be guaranteed a place in the North End, as any remaining seats will be released to new members after this date.
- We will commence seat allocation for North End members on Monday, August 15, 2016, so you must ensure any new members that want to be allocated in your group sign up before Friday, August 12, 2016.
- We expect membership seat allocation to be completed by the first week of September. Your membership pack, including your membership card, will lodge with Australia Post on or before September 15, 2016.
For further information, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions by clicking here.
We thank you for your ongoing support and look forward to seeing you in the stands throughout the 2016/17 season.