Find out all you need to know about Friday nights Hyundai A-League showdown in Geelong.
Kick start 2015 with Melbourne Victory as we take on league-leaders Perth Glory at Simonds Stadium in Geelong this Friday night. This will be a historic occasion as we play our first match at the venue for Hyundai A-League championship points. First takes on second in a match that will help shape the A-League ladder.
With a small break for the 2015 AFC Asian Cup coming up, this is your last chance to see Victory in action at home before the Derby on February 7, so make the most of the holiday break and be part of the action.
TAC are this week’s match day sponsor, so make sure you visit the Towards Zero team pre-game and get involved their Player Zero competition for the chance to win some great prizes, including a trip to London to see Chelsea take on Liverpool FC. Remember, we have one goal as we target zero deaths and zero serious injuries on our roads.
To the game:
The closest train station to Simonds Stadium is South Geelong. Please note that not all V-line trains to Geelong stop at South Geelong.
There will be three (3) V-Line trains to South Geelong departing from Southern Cross Station at 5:23pm, 5:32pm and 5:54pm.
If you are unable to catch these lines or decide to arrive early, you will need to get off at Geelong Station and make your way to Simonds Stadium.
After the game:
Two trains have been organised to depart from South Geelong Station to Southern Cross
Depart South Geelong at 10:10pm and arrives Southern Cross at 11:12pm.
Depart South Geelong at 10:39pm (from Waurn Ponds) and arrives Southern Cross at 11:41pm.
For members and supporters driving to Geelong, parking options are available in and around Simonds Stadium.
There is plenty of entertainment in and around the stadium so make sure you get down early to soak it all up.
Make sure you are in the stadium by 7pm, as the 30 minutes prior to the Hyundai A-League kick-off will be huge! We will bring you exclusive behind the scenes content on the big screen, with plenty of opportunities to get on the big screen yourself live via Victory Cam and through our social media wall –just use the hashtags #10YearsProud & #MVCvPER.
Plus, the following will take place around the stadium:
· Match day sponsors TAC and their Towards Zero team will be the Bernie Smith gate from 5.30pm offering the chance for members and fans to win a trip to London to see Chelsea take on Liverpool FC. This forms part of the Player Zero promotion as we target one goal, zero deaths and zero serious injuries on our roads
· For all juniors in attendance, there is the unique opportunity to test out our inflatable football target zone on pitch from 5.30pm (entry between the premiership and players stands)
· Pick up your Match day Programme at various locations in and around the stadium and merchandise, this week with a special feature on stand-in Captain, Leigh Broxham
· Kit up with the latest Victory gear at outlets situated on level one of the Reg Hickey stand and behind the Gary Ablett terrace
· Visit our membership marquee outside the Polly Farmer gate
· And as with all games, you could win with Delphi Bank's $1,000 half-time giveaway. Grab your banner on the way in and hold it high at HT to win!
Make sure you wear your blue and let's fill Simonds Stadium.